A Millbrae General Contractor. M B Contracting is a residential construction company that specialized in building and remodeling high end custom homes. We provide high quality work at affordable prices. We have over 10 years of experience in helping home owners to build and transform their homes to their dream houses.
Custom Homes and Residential Communities
If you can dream it, we can build it. Many of our clients are satisfied with our top quality workmanship. We maintain control throughout the construction process to ensure that your residence is built to the highest quality standards. We strive to maintain the safest construction environment and meet the latest building codes to ensure the least impact of your daily routine and the health of your family.
What sets us apart from other companies?:
- Green Building and environmental responsibility. From recycled materials in your new concrete foundation to recycling demolition debris, and from air sealing your foundation’s mudsill to a radiant barrier under your roof, it is our standard practice.
- Building strength and security. Structural plans and codes are minimum standards. We don’t just build to minimum standards, we exceed them. We only use 3x (vs 2x) mudsills. We use ‘structural-1′ plywood whenever possible in longer lengths (12′ vs 8’ standard) for continuity in the load path (earthquake safety). We triple check our nailing depths and patterns for all shear walls (found to be a top failure point in the Northridge earthquake). We select the right fastener for the right job and don’t skimp with minimums.
- Building science knowledge and health. With our homes being built tighter and more efficient, we take the extra steps to keep it healthy. Whether drying the home during construction or providing ventilation while occupied, we think through the issues so you don’t have to worry years down the road.
- Child safety. As a parent, I take child safety seriously. Construction or demolition on homes built prior to 1978 need special consideration. If precautions are not taken, lead and other hazardous materials can linger long after construction is complete. Since 2008, a federal law requires firms to be certified for lead safety. MBC is an EPA certified ‘Lead-Safe Firm’.
- Technologically savvy in construction tools. With FLIR thermal infrared imagers, assorted FLUKE multimeters/scanners/toners, multiple lasers for grading to finish, Extech bluetooth enabled moisture sensors, a digital micro inspection camera, and digital dehumidifiers, we have precise and efficient information at our disposal for diagnostics.
- Technologically savvy in planning and communication. From Macs to PCs, and iPads to iPhones, we have it covered. Send us a file, text, or simple phone call.
- Single point of contact: Marco Beckwith. With all the technology at our disposal, often times it comes down to someone being there and being responsible for all the details. Call, text, email, or shake hands with one person throughout your project.
- Generations of experience. With 3 generations of construction experience, MBC has the knowledge and experience.
- Educated in Real Estate. From growing up around a real estate office in the ’80s, to attending USC Marshall School of Business (Real Estate concentration) in the ’90s, to starting MBC in 2000, we have seen the trends and what creates value in your home.